Our vision is to improve the health and lives of people affected by overweight and obesity.
Our Mission is to:
- Engage and empower people affected by overweight and obesity to become patient advocates by providing training, support and resources.
- Shift the dialogue from a position of blame to solution by increasing awareness that obesity is a chronic serious medical condition like heart disease and cancer, and should be treated as such.
- Improve preventive and treatment strategies for people with overweight and obesity by working collaboratively with patient and professional organisations, policy-makers, health-care providers, commissioners, researchers and industry.
- Make obesity prevention and treatment a national priority.
- Provide clear visible information regarding the treatment options available and the expected standards of care for people with overweight or obesity and to support people to access and lobby for treatment that they are entitled to receive.
- Ensure that people with overweight and obesity are treated with dignity and respect within a caring environment and to remove health inequalities.
- Ensure that patient advocates are equipped with the skills, information and confidence that they need to represent people affected by obesity locally, nationally and internationally within and on behalf of patient or professional organisations.
- Proactively ensure that the patient voice is represented and provide a resource of expert users to organisations seeking user involvement.
- Eliminate weight bias and discrimination.